Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh, I'll Just Eat My Hat!

As soon as I said I wanted to wear a hat, the crazy lady jokes started.  

How I smiled and took their jokes with aplomb.  Finally they asked, "Are you still going to wear the hat?"

I winked, "Absolutely!"

Seems I'm not the only one thinking hats as Marc Jacobs featured these adorable polka dot beauties at NY Fashion Week.  Yum.



I don't know how soon these hats will be in stores but I checked my local department stores to see what is available.  First, Nordstrom had fascinators comparable to Harrods in the U.K.


 Feather flower birdcage hat by Tasha at Nordstrom.


Feather flower fascinator by Nerida Fraiman at Harrods.


Feather flower fascinator by Nigel Rayment at Harrods

Second, Saks and Bloomingdales have two interesting options but Neimans had zilch for the season.  What's up with that?


Paper Audrey Hat by Helene Berman at Saks.


Straw Braid 'Celeb' Hat with Bow by Eric Javits at Bloomingdales.

In my search for the perfect hat, I found this beautiful photo on a blog called Bride Chic.  There are some great hats on this site!  I loved the creations by Jane Taylor and Alice Hart!


Birdcage hat by Ellen Christine Millinery on Bride Chic.


Cocktail hat with peacock feathers by Jane Taylor.  The hat doesn't go with my dresses but it is beyond awesome!


This fascinator by Jane Taylor would go better with my dress.


I love this black and white birdcage hat with feathers by Alice Hart.


This black cocktail hat by Alice Hart is pretty cute too!

If you have a favorite milliner, send me their name!

Cheers,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment