Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Dress For A Guest At A Wedding (Part V)

I decided to keep both dresses:  One for the rehearsal dinner and one for the wedding.  I just need a smaller size since I've lost weight since I bought these.  Hopefully, after all this work, the dresses are available in a smaller size.  Anyway, here are the dresses I picked for each occasion and the accessories I've chosen.  Enjoy!




Nanette Lepore 'Evita" dress (this dress is also at Nordstrom) with black and off-white two-toned, patent leather shoes, Yves Saint Laurent patent leather clutch in red and faux turquoise danglers from Fringe in Manhattan Beach (310) 316-9100.




For the wedding, I choose the more formal Trina Turk 'Princess' dress and paired it with a white jacket from The Limited because the dress was sleeveless.  To keep it formal, I'm wearing the pearl semi-choker and matching pearl earrings.  I offered to loan them to the bride but she wanted something more modern.  Cool beans for me, I say. 




The Tasha handband has a flower made from feathers and a little netted veil.  I believe a hat or fascinator with a veil is worn behind your head at a wedding (unless you're the bride) and forward to cover your face at a funeral.  If it's a hat for a cocktail party then those rules don't apply. 




I tried to order the Adina hat from Alice Hart but she didn't respond so I found two hats from Circa Vintage in New Bedford.  This feathered headband reminds me of the ballerina headband in Black Swan. 




I love this little black hat with bows on the side but it's made out of wool and may be the wrong fabric as well as too hot to wear at a June wedding.




Here is the same YSL patent leather clutch in black.  I really like the red for a splash of color but this way I've matched the patent leather, black Trina Turk belt to the shoes and the clutch.  Too boring?

Cheers,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment