Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Dress For A Guest At A Wedding (Part I)

Has it really been since August the last time I blogged?  That's so unfortunate as I still have more clothes to post on here.  I must, must, must get on it.

Anyway, I just received good news... My baby brother is getting married!  It's a summer wedding at a beautiful botanical garden in Southern California.  Outfit challenge:  Find something suitable for a wedding yet comfortable so I'm not wilting in the summer heat.  I'm thinking a dress in a light fabric with short sleeves.

I know March is a little early to prepare for a wedding outfit but you never know what will be (or won't be) available when the date gets closer.  Better to buy it now and return or exchange it later then settle for a least favorite because that's all there is when the time comes to purchase.


I fell in love with Nanette Lepore's "Evita Dress" at Neiman Marcus.  It may be a little too casual for a wedding but it's truly a lovely summer dress.  I paired it with several accessories to see what options I 
 have with it.  Take a look!


1.  Chanel caviar leather mini handbag in black and black leather peep-toes with flower.  Chanel dresses anything up!

 
  
I thought the flower brought out the flowers in the dress's design.  

 

Red or turquoise earrings to bring out the colors? 


2.  The clutch has long been a favorite of the Sloane Rangers (British for Preppies) so expect to see more of it since the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  Only problem with my clutch is it's satin, which may be a no-no with leather shoes. 


Because of the red and turquoise, I played with accessories in these colors.  Black can sometimes be too safe or boring even if black is in the dress.


3.  Chloe leather handbag in turquoise.  The big lock on the handbag may be too casual for a wedding but the color sure brings out the same color in the dress!


4.  Valentino satin clutch in red.  Could always do turquoise earrings and red handbag to mix it up?


5.  I always think of sandals in the summer and metallic accessories for special occasions.   These gold sandals and this Chanel handbag in gold is another possible choice.   


6.  I wasn't thinking of tan accents but they are so warm and buttery I couldn't help it.  Suddenly, the dress reminded me of summers in Acapulco or nights in Cartegena.


These shoes caught my eye because the detailing is similar to the pattern in the dress. 


7.  If the Ralph Lauren leather handbag is too heavy (it's from his Safari Collection and it was my first designer handbag and I bought it because it reminded me of the film, "Out of Africa.") then I can always change it to the smaller, sassier red clutch.  


8. Finally, there is the wedge shoe, the hottest look coming this summer!  These adorable Tory Burch wedges with a silver buckle pair nicely with shimmery silver hoops.  I think there is a patent leather option so I'll have to check those out in black.  Still, a wedge may fit the dress for summer but do they fit the dress for a wedding?
   

9. The wedge shoes with a red clutch and turquoise earrings in silver.


10. Should I get these in peep-toe leather (above) or closed-toe patent?

If you don't like the "Evita" dress at all, I have another coming.  Let me know your thoughts :)

Cheers,
Katie

1 comment: